Re: Broken PVC toilet flange
Posted by hj on January 13, 2004 at 22:29:07:
In response to Re: Broken PVC toilet flange
The toilet rocked because the flange was going bad. The flange was going bad because it was a poor choice in the first place. Their could be several ways to fix it depending on what the existing one looks like. I have never heard of a plumber recommending Roto Rooter, I know I would never do it. My conscience would not let me do that to a customer.

: To make a long story short. Our septic system backed up filling our sauna, laundry room and bathroom in the basement.My husband used our plunger to no avail and then bought a big plunger and it didn't work. He took the toilet off and plungered. He called a plumber who said call roto-rooter. We did. they came and fixed the clog. My husband put the toilet back on and screwed too tight and broke the flange. We are now out about 325.00. Please tell us how to get the broken flange off and replace it. We have no money for a plumber visit. I'm sure my husband would like me to say that he screwed it too tight because the toilet rocked and he was getting level.

Replies to this post
There are none.