Re: Venting questions
Posted by CEA on January 11, 2004 at 21:00:08:
In response to Re: Venting questions
A vent has to take off from its fixture drain vertically (less than 45 degrees off vertical) and go upward until it's 6" above the flood rim of the highest fixture (the sink) before it can run horizontally (more than 45 degrees off vertical). Even the "horizontal" parts can't be dead level--they need to slope towards its drain.

If the whirlpool drain is within the maximum trap arm length of a wall, run a vertical vent in the wall, either through the roof or teed into an existing vertical vent in the attic. If not, I see a partition wall in your future...

Replies to this post
There are none.