Re: Lavatory drain assembly question
Posted by e-plumber on January 07, 2004 at 20:33:57:
In response to Re: Lavatory drain assembly question
: Thanks for the suggestion e-plumber. I bought one of those grid strainers today for only $10!

Thanks for taking the time and posting back, it's good to hear how it turned out.

: : : Has anyone ever heard of a lavatory drain assembly that is like the typical tub drain? I would like for there to be a plate with holes that keep things like rings, etc. from going down the drain, but yet still allow you to plug up the drain.

: : : If this doesn't exist, is there something you can put in the bottom of the sink that is permanent that keeps these things from going down? I would be willing to give up the ability to plug up the sink.

: : Reply:
: : You can purchase and install a grid strainer drain assembly on the basin, it does not have pop-up for plugging the basin. It is usually used in commercial applications but will serve its purpose for you. It has a chrome finish and will look fine. Plumbing supply houses sell them.
: : Good Luck. e-plumber

Replies to this post
There are none.