Re: bringing gas main to house from street
Posted by e-plumber on January 07, 2004 at 20:20:43:
In response to Re: bringing gas main to house from street
: Hello, I starting the process of bringing heat to my house (currently use woodburning stove). The gas main is on the other side of the street from my house. Question #1: Do I have to pay a contractor to dig up the street to lay the plumbing for the new gas line? Would be very costly. Is this not something that is provided for by the gas company?


It depends on exactly what the gas company and you as the homeowner are responsible for.
Here, (NY) the gas company will bring the gas service to the property line and install a curb valve. The homeowner is responsible for everything else. Usually, all the work is done on the homeowners property first, the piping is installed and brought to the property line, the gas company will then do their part and connect to your piping after it has been pressure tested and approved.
Good Luck. e-plumber

Replies to this post
There are none.