Re: Lavatory drain assembly question
Posted by e-plumber on January 06, 2004 at 21:47:43:
In response to Re: Lavatory drain assembly question

: Has anyone ever heard of a lavatory drain assembly that is like the typical tub drain? I would like for there to be a plate with holes that keep things like rings, etc. from going down the drain, but yet still allow you to plug up the drain.

: If this doesn't exist, is there something you can put in the bottom of the sink that is permanent that keeps these things from going down? I would be willing to give up the ability to plug up the sink.

You can purchase and install a grid strainer drain assembly on the basin, it does not have pop-up for plugging the basin. It is usually used in commercial applications but will serve its purpose for you. It has a chrome finish and will look fine. Plumbing supply houses sell them.
Good Luck. e-plumber

Replies to this post