Re: water presure
Posted by JF on January 05, 2004 at 16:27:21:
In response to Re: water presure
Please see Deb's posting also. She used the correct terminology for the screens - they are called "aerators" and are located at the tip of the faucet spout where the water comes out.

The "sink" valves in the kitchen under the sink are probably OK. It isn't likely that both hot and cold would be clogged with particles large enough to decrease the flow by half.

If cleaning the aerator doesn't work, try removing the faucet itself, taking it apart, and removing any particles or gunk inside. If the shutoff valves for the faucet in the kitchen are inside the wall, you may need to just shut off the main water supply again.

: Thank you. I will try that. However, can't recall if the kitchen sink had the valves underneath it exposed. The bathroom sink does. The house was built close to 50 years ago so that was probably what happened.

: If there are no exposed sink valves in the kitchen will we have to breach through that back wall to access it?

Replies to this post
There are none.