Re: broken/disintegrated/rusted cast iron toilet flange
Posted by Steve on January 05, 2004 at 00:52:42:
In response to Re: broken/disintegrated/rusted cast iron toilet flange
There are replacement flanges on the market, or if you can't find one at your local hardware store just buy a standard abs/pvc closet flange, and pop the metal part off w/ a hammer. You will need to get some 1/4" x 3" red-heads (pound in concrete anchors), and a 1/4" masonary drill bit. Place the new flange over the old one, and mark the holes where you need to drill the concrete. The red heads are simply pound in w/ a hammer, and expand in the concrete. I have found the holes in the new flange will need to be enlarged a bit. The new wax will take care of the seal, while the new flange holds the closet in place. Good luck, Steve! : Where it's supposed to hold the bolts- it doesn't hold the bolts anymore. And, it is in a basement, installed in a concrete floor. How in the world do I fix or replace this??

: It is a 4" cast iron drain.

Replies to this post
There are none.