Re: Johnson Tee
Posted by Doug on January 03, 2004 at 14:15:41:
In response to Re: Johnson Tee
: : We recently remodeled our kitchen in a 1910 Seattle bungalow. The plumber installed a Johnson Tee for the draining of the dishwasher which we have now just purchased. How do you connect the drain line of the dishwasher into the copper portion of the Johson Tee drain?

: Doug,
: The drain line of the dishwasher should fit over the 1/2" copper pipe that leads to the top of the Johnson Tee.
: Most of the time, the pipe will be either behind the dishwasher or in the sink cabinet.
: If you dishwasher drain has a large end on it for the disposal inlet, that may need to be cut off, or slid on farther. A hose clamp will be needed either way.

Thanks for the info. The copper end actually runs underneath the dishwasher space in the floor space (which is accessible because our partial basement is directly underneath the kitchen). I'm assuming the installers can drill a 1.25" hole in the floor underneath the dishwasher and run the drain hose to the copper pipe and clamp on the hose there? I don't know if this matters, but it's a Bosch dishwasher. Also, is it true they (or me) will need to drill some small holes in the plastic part that vents to the outside for this to function properly?

Replies to this post
There are none.