Water Heater Element - Flange type gaskets
Posted by Pete Lancashire on January 02, 2004 at 21:33:41:
i just pulled out an old element, cleaned out the
old gasket (the one the looks like a short piece
of host). But the new element also comes with a
gasket for going around the flange, would that not
make the depth to great for the other gasket to work ?

and ..

the depth of the area that holds the hose like gasket,
is about 1/16 of and inch deeper. inouther words the
one that came with the new element is about 5/16 to 3/8 and the and the
home is about 7/16 in depth.

what is left of the old gasket is also about 7/16 or just a bit less.

whats wrong ?


Replies to this post