Re: Broken acrylic rod in fiberglass shower unit.
Posted by Robert Hubeli on January 02, 2004 at 16:42:43:
In response to Re: Broken acrylic rod in fiberglass shower unit.
: Depending on the break....

: If you are unable to determine the manufacturer, it might be possible for a plastic repair company to make a like unit or repair the broken unit (like those that repair auto fenders)

: Plastics Man

:Thanks Plastics Man. I did contact a company in NY. They sell extruded acrylic rods and can sell me a section. One part that I am going to have difficulty finding will be the plastic grommets that go in the holes in the fiberglass and then the rod fits in them. One of them busted when the rod broke.

Thanks again.
Robert Hubeli
: --snip--
: I broke it the other day when I leaned on it after losing my balance in the shower. I would like to replace it. Do you know how I can find out the name of the shower manufacturer so I can order a replacement bar? I can't find a name on the outside of the shower unit.
: --end snip--

Replies to this post