Re: Plugged Fixtures
Posted by jimbo on January 01, 2004 at 22:08:21:
In response to Re: Plugged Fixtures
: What you describe is classic for failure of the plastic dip tube in the water heater. There was a big class-action settlement over this issue. Affected the majority of water heaters manufactured approximately from 1993 to 1997 ( dates vary by Brand ) Do a google search on Dip Tube and you will get specific info.

If this is the problem, the fix is to replace the dip tube ( easy) and flush the system. Unfortunately, you may also have to replace cartridges in faucets if they cannot be cleaned.

Replies to this post
There are none.