Re: Fixing a crack in polybutylene pipe
Posted by Deb on December 30, 2003 at 11:01:38:
In response to Re: Fixing a crack in polybutylene pipe
: I noticed last week that I have a leak in the supply line to my house. I was able to dig and locate the crack in the polybutylene pipe. Here is where I am having difficulty and need assistance. I am not sure what fittings I should use to repair a crack in PB pipe. It is 1-1/2 inch line, SDR 13.5, PB2110. The problem is the 1-1/2 size. Any phone numbers, anywhere in the country, where I could purchase the transition pieces would also be appreciated.

: If you respond by sending me an e-mail to will be greatly appreciated.

: Thanks.

The polybute main line material uses the same insert fittings as polyethylene. These are common and can be purchased at any plumbing supply house. Use only brass fittings and marine quality hose clamps when underground.
The Pipewench

Replies to this post
There are none.