Re: CPVC diameter - getting the right size
Posted by hj on December 29, 2003 at 22:03:30:
In response to Re: CPVC diameter - getting the right size
The smaller size is not usually a problem for a single faucet, since it is still larger than the opening in the faucet's intermal passages, as long as the pipe is not excessively long. Where the size becomes a factor is when there are several openings off the pipe, or it is a long run.

: I was reading some more information on this Web site and found the pipe sizing table and also some prior posts that indicated that when using CPVC, I might want to consider using larger diameter pipe than what I would be replacing.

: For example, if I am taking out 1/2 inch galvanized, I should put in 3/4 inch CPVC. Is that accurate? So far, I have run 3/4 inch CPVC about 15 feet and run 1/2 inch lines from the 3/4 inch to service the cold water faucet in the kitchen and the ice maker. Should I be concerned that the 1/2 inch is not large enough diameter?

: I can easily use 3/4 inch CPVC for the rest of the house. Should I consider replacing the 1/2 inch line I put to the kithcen sink with 3/4 inch CPVC? The line is about 3 feet long. My friend (whose home this is) notes that she is getting much better pressure and flow from the kitchen faucet now than before when she had the corroded galvanized plumbing). But now I am wondering if we could have made it even better.

: Thanks again for the advice!

Replies to this post
There are none.