Re: Moving main house vent
Posted by e-plumber on December 29, 2003 at 07:31:03:
In response to Re: Moving main house vent
: It looks like I have to relocate the main vent for my house, since the inspector doesn't like how close the old one is to the nearest window, and I'm not sure I disagree with him.

: Putting the new one in is easy (accessibly attic) but what do I do with the old one? I can't figure out a way to fill in the missing shingles if I pull the existing pipe. I was thinking of just sticking a short length of 4" PVC through the boot and capping it.

: Any ideas?

You would need to hire a professional roofer to patch the area of the old stack vent penetration, you're only asking for problems leaving the old one in place.
Good Luck & Happy New Year. e-plumber

Replies to this post
There are none.