Re: Toilets: Amer Std Champion vs Toto vs Kohler
Posted by Terry Love on December 28, 2003 at 23:48:53:
In response to Re: Toilets: Amer Std Champion vs Toto vs Kohler

: Rebuilding a shore house (with septic), shopping for 3 toilets. Never expected toilets to be such a difficult choice.

: Was leaning toward the Kohler Wellworth after the CR article. Then, after talking with the local plumbing supply and seeing this site and other internet info, thought Toto was the way to go. Now, wondering about the new American Standard Champion. Seems to incorporate some of Toto's key features: 3" flush valve and bigger (2 3/8) trapway.

: Questions:

: 1. Can anyone comment on the American Standard toilets with "America's Best" flushing system?

I rate it on my report, not as high as the Toto. Having used and installed both, it's still Toto.

: 2. Saw some comment that the Toto toilets -- by design -- do not have a circular water motion during the flush. The criticism was that Toto may allow you to get rid of your plunger, but that you'll need a toilet brush instead. Any reaction?

You can say the same for the Champion too.

: 3. As long as I get a GMax Toto, is the flushing performance basically the same? Or are there differences within the GMax family?

G-Max, it's pretty much the same.

: Finally, appreciate any general comments. I'm going to have to place an order pretty soon ...

The Champion that I have seems to refill every so often.
Not all of the water is changed out during a flush.
It's heavier than sin. Being only 195 lbs, and active, I'm glad I don't install many of these.

The Toto and the Champion are both on my list,
the Kohler Wellworth did "not" make the list.

Replies to this post