Re: Air in the baseboards!!!!
Posted by e-plumber on December 28, 2003 at 15:06:12:
In response to Re: Air in the baseboards!!!!
: I have already seen the past posting on this subject, but I have something to add to it.
: There is an American system setup at the boiler and I don't know if it is working properly. (Most likely not since there is air in the lines.)There is an eX-Trol tank with a 71 valve assembly, and above it is a Series 700 float type air vent. At the top of the air vent is a Schrader valve with a cap twisted on it. Should this system remove the air automatically, or do I need to bleed it with the Schrader valve manually? The coldest time of the year is upon me, and I need to make sure the system is up and running properly. We have already had the core checked by a professional, and it is fine. Any Help?

Reply:
The automatic air vent that you described, (with the Schrader valve) on the boiler piping will not remove all the air from the system.
On most, if not all baseboard heating zones, there are purge valves for air removal. The valve are generally located near the boiler. If you're not comfortable bleeding the air, call a professional.
Good Luck. e-plumber

Replies to this post
There are none.