Re: Thanks Terry, Deb, and others!
Posted by Terry Love on December 26, 2003 at 16:43:28:
In response to Re: Thanks Terry, Deb, and others!

: I just wanted to follow up with all of you today to let you know that I just finished installing the new brass shut off valve at my friend's house! I successfully removed the galvanized pipe just above the 90 degree elbow where it entered her crawlspace. I did have to use the propane torch to heat the fitting a little bit, and then I had to use a lot of muscle and leverage to get the pipe loose, but it worked!

: I then installed a 6" brass nipple, used the teflon sealant Terry recommended, then attached the brass ball valve. When I turned the water back on at the street, there were no leaks whatsoever!

: Thanks to all of you for your help. Tomorrow I will begin installing the new lines. I spent some time this afternoon getting a new freeze-proof sillcock through the outer wall. This one had a fitting on the end that was slightly larger than the opening in the wall, so I had to spend some time widening the opening.

: Anyway, I'll let all of you know how the rest of this job goes, but so far, it's been going great!

Bronson,
Sounds great!
Terry Love

Replies to this post
There are none.