Re: Shower valve/pipe leaking in wall.
Posted by steve on December 23, 2003 at 09:24:48:
In response to Re: Shower valve/pipe leaking in wall.
: No, because every part that could leak when the hot water is turned on, also has water in it when the cold water is used. Therefore it should leak with either hot or cold water.

: : I have a PP three handle tub and shower fixture in a tub/shower combo. After taking a shower, water is noticed in the basement below the shower. I've replaced the valve stems and seats in all three handles making sure to use plumbers grease and teflon tape on all threads. The leak only occurs when the hot water is on during a shower meaning I can take cold showers without a problem (burrrrr). I've ran both the hot and cold water into the tub and don't have any problems. I've enve ran the cold water through the shower and not a drip. I can't figure why only the water hot throught the shower pipe leaks. Any ideas or suggestions?

try unscrewing the bath spout and shower rose and capping them both of, then remove the handles and cover plates. this will leave the spindles[valves] in the wall. remove any silicon from around the spindles. turn on the tap and with atorch you should be able to see the pipe work of the breaching peice in behind the wall. if it is leaking you will see it. good luck

Replies to this post
There are none.