Re: Water leaking from PVC fitting
Posted by Tom on December 23, 2003 at 01:49:57:
In response to Re: Water leaking from PVC fitting
I was 99% sure there was no magic cure but again, a boy can dream can't he?

Thanks for the remarkably prompt answer and all the info on your site. This could've been worse so for my first plumbing issue, it's not that bad. Just an unbudgeted head/heart ache.

Thanks!

Tom Payne

15 year old house.
: : In my kitchen ceiling (2 story) I have a lovely little nest of pipes and a lot of missing drywall right now. I have a straight line of PVC discharge line running past 2 bathrooms. Where the guest toilet T's into that line, I have a leaky fitting. It leaked a little drip for a LONG time considering the mold and mildew I've found and killed but suddenly let go a big splat while I was out of town.
: : I have studied continuously for 2 days after running PVC cleaner and a little more cement (yes, I know it's an adhesive only not a sealant but a boy can dream, can't he?)
: : I know that I could chop and replace...due to the way it's run it would be about 8 linear feet due to the toilet T and a 45 degree T and structural consideration (kitchen cabinets over an island in the way.) The leak is now limited but still lives. Is there ANYTHING that I can do to seal this joint without tearing out my kitchen ceiling the day before my first Christmas Eve family party in my first house?

: Tom,
: If the fitting is leaking, it should be replaced.
: If you are looking for a night or two, maybe something like Silicone.
: But you will need to replace it after the party.

Replies to this post
There are none.