Re: Converting galvanized fittings
Posted by Deb on December 21, 2003 at 18:13:35:
In response to Re: Converting galvanized fittings
: Out of my well comes a 1" poly line into the house and it has a galvanized male adapter inserted in it thats leaking.I have temporarily patched it with epoxy ,rubber tubing and a hose clamp.This stopped the leak but I want to replace it.This adapter goes into a galvanized T .One side converts to 1" PVC to the tank and relay and pressure gauge.The other side reduces to 3/4" then to copper.My question is can I use a brass adapter out of the poly to a brass coupler to a 1"copper t and feed from there with the appropriate adapters on each leg? If brass isnt a good choice what else can I use I want to eliminate all the galvanized pieces.Also Im not clear on the requirements to use different metals together Thanks Jon

I never use galv insert fittings. Replace with brass and use marine quality stainless steel hose clamps. They make a brass tee that is really neat to use for pressure tank installs that are tapped for the things you need--pressure switch, pressure gauge, relief valve, and drain. I generally use brass fittings and nipples when hooking up a pressure tank.
The Pipewench

Replies to this post