Bathtub barrel assembly fell down pipe drain
Posted by Cathy in San Diego on December 20, 2003 at 23:18:57:
I'm not sure the right name for the gadget I'm talking about is the barrel assembly, but it's the gadget that plugs up the bathtub when you want to fill it. It has a little arm that you lift up or down to plug up the tub. Anyhoo, the darned thing fell off on the inside of the pipe and I can't get it out so now the tub takes forever to drain. A plumber told me I'd either have to remove the tub or they could try to reach the pipe from the outside of the house by cutting a hole in the outside wall, which he said has a 50/50 chance of being successful. Both procedures are quite costly so I'm wondering if there is some alternative method to getting the assembly out of the pipe?? Thanks for any advice you can offer!!

Replies to this post
There are none.