Re: PVC glue
Posted by Joan on December 18, 2003 at 14:58:33:
In response to Re: PVC glue
Thanks for the response. Where can I get such a drill and what is it called? Just for clarification, the drain for each fixture has only one or two turns but these are back to back bathrooms each with tub, toilet and sink. That is where the complicated pipe layout came in.

: There is no hope of ungluing the fitting. If there is adequate access, there are drills that will remove the piece of pipe from a fitting after the pipe is cut off. I might question the advisability of having a "complicated pipe layout" and using numerous elbows and fittings" for a drain. The idea is to keep it as simple as possible with as few turns as possible, two being the optimum number.

: : Is it possible to "unglue" PVC pipe? My husband worked out a complicated pipe layout for the upstairs baths with numerous elbows and fittings. The final fitting was to be glued by they guy putting up the sheetrock. He didn't get the angle right and it is leaking at the fitting he glued up. To cut this all out and start again will mean days lost on the project. If I can get that one connection lose we can get it together the way it was meant to be. Is there any hope?

Replies to this post