Re: Hushflo replacement toilet fill valve
Posted by e-plumber on December 18, 2003 at 10:36:33:
In response to Re: Hushflo replacement toilet fill valve

: It is time to replace the fill valve on an old 3.5gpf American Standard. I was checking through the fill valves available at the hardware store and found one that looks interesting. It is a very small valve made by Hushflo. The attendant told me that it works by sensing the water pressure above the valve to determine how full the tank is, so it knows when to stop.

: Frankly, I'm sick of ballcock valves, this one is small and sleek, hopefully more quiet too :-)

: Anyone had experience with them? I found a picture of it to illustrate.

I have found that the type of fill valve you're interested in sometimes doesn't shut off and do not last long at all, some codes do not allow them because the refill tube connects to the fill valve below the water level. I remove them and install a Fluidmaster 400-A, replace the flapper and supply line while you're at it.
Good Luck. e-plumber

Replies to this post
There are none.