Re: Stripped seat
Posted by e-plumber on December 16, 2003 at 15:43:45:
In response to Re: Stripped seat
: I am trying to replace the seat for my cold water handle in the shower, since cold water is leaking out of the shower head and I already replaced the plastic washers with no change in the problem. The house like 40 years old with the original pieces behind the wall.
: The problem****the seat is stripped so the seat wrench does me no good, all it does is spin.... Is there a diff tool or trick i can do to get the seat out???? I need some serious help thanks..

At this point, a licensed plumber may still be able to remove the faucet seat. It may be in your best interest to let a professional take over from here.
If the valve body gets damaged, you're going for a new complete valve body and wall restoration expences.
Good Luck. e-plumber

Replies to this post
There are none.