Re: leaky sink pipes
Posted by e-plumber on December 16, 2003 at 14:40:22:
In response to Re: leaky sink pipes
: The supply pipes underneath the sink in my basement are leaking when the water supply valves to the sink are turned on. I thought that the problem was only with the nut behind the valve being too loose, so I tightened it. This seems to have stopped the leak there except that there is another leak where the supply line, just behind the nut I tightened, from the valve goes up to the sink's faucet. The water gushes out from the top of the nut that connects the supply line to the faucet to the water supply valve. This link gives an illustration of my problem:

: http://popularmechanics.com/home_improvement/home_improvement/1998/3/install_kitchen_sink/images/3205_5.gif

: The leak occurs when the supply valve to the sink is turned on. Following the above illustration, the water leaks from the top of the nut being loosened by the wrench. If the problem is the nut being too loose, do I tighten it by turning it clockwise? If this does not solve the problem, does the pipe need to be replaced? Or can it be fixed by soldering the joint?

Reply:
According to your description, the supply lines need to be replaced from the shut off valves to the faucet connections to correct your leaks.
Whether you use rigid supplies or flexable is up to you.
Good Luck. e-plumber

Replies to this post
There are none.