Re: Moen Tub \ Shower problem
Posted by So. Cal. Plumber on December 15, 2003 at 21:27:42:
In response to Re: Moen Tub \ Shower problem
: Hello,
: I am trying to fix a falty valve on a moen T/S but all I can do is get the handle off and pull out the center screw. I went to moens home page and found what modle I belive it to be L2719 but it says to just pull the handle adaper kit off. That is not easy to do, it is plastic and I fear that I will break it if I pull any harder with pliers.

: Please help,

: Daniel Hull
: the plumb chalanged

Not familiar with the handle assembly for that model but if you can get it off and get to the cartridge there should be a clip that pulls out of the top of the valve. Once removed there is a white top piece that comes with the new 1225 cartridge. Use that to free up the cartridge from the valve and it should pull right out. If you are unable make the repair without to much trouble you would be better off calling a plumber. I had to replace the whole valve in the wall after a contractor attempted it and damaged the valve beyond repair. Good Luck.

Replies to this post