Re: replacing closet flange
Posted by Michael on December 15, 2003 at 20:24:50:
In response to Re: replacing closet flange
Actually, there is no bend. It goes straight down into the waste. This particular waste pipe services nothing but this bathroom and it was put in directly under the toilet. It goes into a small crawl space accessible from the basement. I have seen the coupler that you mention, but here's the thing. The top of the stack is flared as if you would put another piece of cast iron into it. The couplers seem like you need a straight cut top on the cast iron pipe.

: You should be OK. The PVC/cast iron connection should be made with a Fernco coupler. It is not glued but it is clamped. The flange is supposed to set on top of the finished floor. It would have been a bit easier to get the bend in first, but the Fernco will give you a little flex and you can gain or lose a fraction of an inch to get everything lined up. Anchor the flange through the floor and into the subfloor.

Replies to this post
There are none.