Re: Accidentally cut 1/2" Polybutylene
Posted by jps on December 14, 2003 at 00:02:42:
In response to Re: Accidentally cut 1/2" Polybutylene
I have lived in three different houses with PB pipe, had pin hole leaks in two and cracked fittings in one. The Quest compression fittings worked every time. I also used them to add on to the PEX pipe in the last house I lived in. They are every bit as good as the PB pipe you have.
jps

: Also HJ...do u find that the Qest 1/2" coupling that I would use work well?? Just so I know we are talking about the same thing....this is what I am thinking of using??

: http://www.pexconnection.com/quest-pex/qstpxplstccplngadaptrs.htm

: Part number QAC33 Plastic Coupling - 1/2

: : I use the Qest fittings when necessary. How old is the house because if it is within the guidelines I would be thinking about getting the PB replaced before your time runs out and then it fails.

: : : Hi,
: : : We (or actually me) accidentally cut one of our Polybutylene 1/2" pipes in our basement in half :( It's a clean cut. It supplies the hot water to our washing machine. So basically I need to re-join those two pieces of 1/2" Polybutylene back together.

: : : I have been doing some research and it seems like the "Qest" or "Flair-It" compression fittings would be very easy and cost effective to get the job done.
: : :
: : : Is it really as easy as just tightening the nuts like any other compression fitting?? And it won't leak?? If Terry or any other knowledgable plumber could reply I would great appreciate it!
: : :
: : : Thanks!

: : : P.S. Should I go with the Qest or Flair-It fitting??

Replies to this post
There are none.