Re: Backed up basement floor drain
Posted by e-plumber on December 13, 2003 at 14:41:39:
In response to Re: Backed up basement floor drain
: ok, here is my problem. I have a raised ranch with a floor drain in the basement next to the H20 heater & furnace. My upstairs shower was running and the floor drain was over flowing, after that any water running would cause the drain to over flow. I plunged the toliet in the basement and something seemed to clear out and the drain emptied. I have a clean out installed in my front yard and it seemed to be expelling water at a reasonable rate?? Any ideas on what needs to be done, I had the clean out power augered out about 18 months ago, and nothing but toliet paper goes in the drains in the house. This is becoming a recurring problem and seems to ne very unhealthy dirty to have this drain over flowing all the time, I need some help...thank you.

Reply:
The line needs to be snaked out again. This time, once it is cleared, have the line video inspected and keep a copy of the tape. There could be a collapse, cracked fitting, roots, dip in the pipe, etc.
Make sure the person who will snake the line also is equipped to camera it at the same time, you may be able to save a few bucks.
Good Luck. e-plumber

Replies to this post
There are none.