Re: Shower drain connection
Posted by Tim on December 12, 2003 at 12:51:59:
In response to Re: Shower drain connection
: : I'm nearing completion of my shower installation (thanks for all the help with previous questions!). I'm working on connecting the shower drain to the stub-out. I have one of those Oatey drain assemblies with the rubber gasket that fits between the drain assembly and the stub-out. My problem is that the stub-out should be perfectly vertical (according to the instructions) but, due to the necessary pitch of the drain line, the stub-out is at an angle.

: : This must be a common problem, what is the best way to deal with it? Just force the gasket around the stub-out?

: : Thanks,
: : Tim

: Reply:
: It is not that common of a problem. The stub out should be perfectly vertical. You may have too much pitch or the stub out is cocked. If it is slightly off, it will work, too much off and you're going to fight to get the rubber properly set.
: Good Luck. e-plumber

Thanks. I'm wonderding if the pitch of the line is too much. I have access beneath the shower. Would it make since to install the stub-out in the gasket and then cement the stub-out into the p-trap assembly?

Barring that, is there a trick to cementing the stub-out into the p-trap to compensate for the pitch of the waste line?

Thanks again,
Tim

Replies to this post