Re: Insulating Shower Pipes
Posted by Hube on December 11, 2003 at 14:53:55:
In response to Re: Insulating Shower Pipes
: Hi e-plumber

: Thanks for the help! Do you think that a higher flow head would cause the water temp to be hotter?

: Thanks
: Jim:

: : Hello
: : : Great site! The hot water to my master shower take about two minutes to heat and does not get very hot(sits about 30 feet from a new hot water heater). The second bath, which is right next to the hot water heater, heats up quickly and gets very hot. I know that the second bath's pipes are insulated (wrapped all around the valve and 2 feet down the pipe). Do you think that insulating the master bath pipes would greatly help or is it just too far from the water heater?

: : : Thanks for any help.
: : : Jim

: : Reply:
: : Insulating piping is a good thing but I doubt it will help in your case. The distance away from the water heater and the low flow shower head is most likely the cause of the problem.
: : Good Luck. e-plumber
JIM; check out the PIPE RUN to this shower, as it could be touching a cold wall, or going thru a unheated area.. Insulating this pipe will certainly help to keep the heat in. 30'is not that far, that it would effect the water temp more than a few degrees. Hube

Replies to this post