Re: Have been given a choice
Posted by hj on December 11, 2003 at 08:55:07:
In response to Re: Have been given a choice
There are ablative pastes, silicone "burn blankets", and many other ways to protect the structure while making a joint. Opening the wall on the other side should be the last resort only if the joint cannot be soldered from the open side. A good plumber would not even have suggested using compression fittings, or if he was confident they would work, then he would not have asked you for your opinion.

: Ok.. We found a set of dead ended pipes in the wall when we pulled off the drywall in order to get to the studs to build a shower in our new bathroom ( seems that the formers might also have been thinking of a shower as a some day plan. While they are in a good area for the shower they are in a difficult area to make a heated based ( copper) connection according to the plumber so I have been given two options. Open up the other side of the wall with a rather large opening and have him sweat the connections or have him use some sort of compression connection. Any HUGE reason I should open up the wall and have it done that way. The guy seems fine with either but I am looking for opinions.

Replies to this post
There are none.