Re: Basement floor drain.
Posted by jakeao on December 09, 2003 at 22:27:04:
In response to Re: Basement floor drain.
: : Ok this might take a bit to explain. Here it goes.

: : I added a floor drain in my basement recently. When ever I wash clothes the water comes out of the drain. Here is how it is plummed.

: : The washing machine empties into a wash tub, which flows past a vent, and connects up to the main line a tapped into for my drain. (I think the problem is ventalation but I really have no clue) I can run water down the drain full blast out a hose, and it doesn't over flow the drain. It only does it from the washing machine where the water comes into the tub faster than it leaves, so no air goes through. Any Ideas on how I can fix this ???? Thanks for any help.

: Reply:
: It's hard to say from here but if the drain piping is installed and vented properly, I would lean towards a clogged or restricted drain line downstream of the FD.
: Make sure you use a clothes lint catch on the WM discharge hose where it empties into the utility sink.

: Good Luck. e-plumber

Thanks for the quick response. I should have explained the situation better. I rented a 'snake' and cleaned out the drain. The only time it over flows is when the tub fills faster than it drains. In other words when the tub drain is completly underwater. Any other time, and the water flows just fine. Maybe that helps clarify things. How do you post pictures? I could maybe make a diagram if that helps anyone. Thanks again.

Replies to this post
There are none.