Re: leaky showerhead-please advise
Posted by Terry Love on December 07, 2003 at 15:53:13:
In response to Re: leaky showerhead-please advise

Jim,
The shower head is not the problem.
Water will drip out depending on the amount of pipe you have, I've seen about 35 minutes on a standard tub/shower faucet with copper pipe.

If it never stops, it could be the valve, though one drop in three minutes is not very much if it is a leak. Don't you just hate things that drip?
That is why many plumbers prefer to replace the valve with a new one, when they can.
However, they too will drip for a while until the pipes drain.

: Please help! The shower in one bathroom drips heavily after use. New washers, stems and seats did not help. The plumber told me that what was happening is even after the water is cut off, it was taking the residual water in the pipes and draining it off. So after taking a shower, I now jiggle the shower arm a little bit, and most of the water seems to come out. Some days the showerhead is dry after that. On most days however, it continues to leak all day, though at a slow rate-about one drop every 3 minutes. What is causing the problem? Do I need a new shower arm? The house is almost 20 years old. Should I ignore the problem?

Replies to this post
There are none.