Re: Forgot to turn furnace refill water line back on after servicing.
Posted by hj on December 07, 2003 at 10:11:07:
In response to Re: Forgot to turn furnace refill water line back on after servicing.
Were these repairs done before, or after, he found out that the fill valve was closed? If before, then I do not know how he would have been able to check the system, unless it was full of water and holding proper pressure. If that was the case, then not opening the fill valve was not a factor. I might question if, and why, both zone valves failed at the same time, or if a bad evaluation was made, but it could happen.

: I had my gas-hot water furnace serviced last year before turning on for the season. Service was routine, bill was minimal. This year, same Co., different sericeman. After checkup I was told I needed 2 zone valves, fill valve, and relief valve to the tune of $531.83. After the work was completed, the serviceman asked me "who turned off the water supply line to the unit"? "The refill line is closed". As it turns out, the guy who worked on it the year before never turned the water to the unit back on for some reason, or closed it after refilling. Could this have contributed my problems? I'm not trying to get out of paying the bill but if faulty workmanship played a part I may want to seek a new plumber in the future.

Replies to this post
There are none.