Re: Water temp is constantly fluctuating
Posted by e-plumber on December 04, 2003 at 18:32:10:
In response to Re: Water temp is constantly fluctuating
: I live in an apartment complex where our entire building shares one water heater. I've lived there for two years now. Recently (about 2 months ago), the water temp is constantly changing. It's fine for about 30 seconds, then it's scalding hot for a few seconds, then fine again. Usually doesn't get too cold, but fluctuates between where I want it and rediculously hot. I've complained to my landlord, but she says that's the way it is when you live in an apartment. It wasn't like that for the first 20 months, and I've lived in apartments for the last 10 years, so I don't buy it. Any idea what the problem is? If I can go to the owner with an intelligent problem and solution, I think I can get him to fix it. Thanks!!

Reply:
There could be several reasons for this. The only thing you need be concerned about is making sure that the owner/landlord rectifies it ASAP.

Something was obviously done recently to the boiler/water heater if in the first 20 months everything was normal corcerning hot water temperature.
If you get nowhere with the landlord, which sounds like the case, do whatever you need to do to get it straightened out. Write a letter or call the local building department, she will need to answer to someone of authority.
Good Luck. e-plumber

Replies to this post
There are none.