Re: faucet use activates toilets
Posted by snifferdog on December 04, 2003 at 13:29:44:
In response to Re: faucet use activates toilets
Believe I know how expensive these parts are! I have replaced them before. It seems to me that Kohler is making a piece of junk fill valve. The toilet in question is not even a year old! When I bought this last one no after market valve were available. I will have to look into this.

: : : : I have 3 Kohler low boy toilets, Rialtos I believe, with the 3.5 GPF. When I turn a faucet on in the house and then off, with fairly good consistency, the toilet will run for a bit? Average water pressure is 55-65 PSI in my city. What is the deal? This is just one of my peeves with these toilets. They were in the house when I moved in.

: : : The only possible explanation for your problem is that the float valves in your toilets are too sensitive to sudden changes in watter pressure caused by opening and closing a valve elsewhere on your water supply line. I've never seen this myself in over 25 years of plumbing. Maybe someone else here has.

: : : NtP

: : Your fillvalves need to be replaced and while your at it check the pressure coming into the house. A bad regulator can also be contributing as well. The pressure should be about 65 psi and only fluctuate about 5-8 psi when a toilet or fixture is used. Any more then that means you may need to change out your regulator. Good luck.

: Reply:
: Replacing the complete fill valve on (3) Rialto's can be costly, Kohler only sells conversion kits which are expensive compared to purchasing fill valve plungers and cap assemblys for each. Replace the flappers while you're at it.
: Have the water pressure tested, it could be excessive.
: Good Luck. e-plumber

Replies to this post
There are none.