Re: Earthquake Valve Installation Information Needed
Posted by e-plumber on December 04, 2003 at 06:52:05:
In response to Re: Earthquake Valve Installation Information Needed
: Two questions ...

: 1) Do I have to use Black Iron when doing exterior gas work or can I use
: Galvanized?

: 2) The EV I am planning on using is only going to be mounted about 4" from
: the house and it
: is too tight to turn the meter to tighten it. Can I use a union
: fitting on either side of the
: the feed. Can I use union fittings on either side of it?

Your gas supplier will furnish you with the necessary piping installation instructions.
Your local plumbing inspector will witness the pressure test and approve the work.
Gas piping installations should be done only by licensed plumbers familiar with the correct way to install it.
Good Luck. e-plumber

Replies to this post
There are none.