Re: RE FILLING HOUSE BOILER
Posted by Carson Johnson on October 01, 2003 at 14:58:50:
In response to Re: RE FILLING HOUSE BOILER
: : I DRAINED MY HOUSE BOILER WHICH IA A 72.000 BTU/HR HEATER I LIKE TO KNOW HOW MUCH WATER SHOULD BE PUT BACK IN TO THE SYSTEM AND WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR BLEEDING THE LINES. YOUR HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

: Reply:

: Presumably you have a hot water heating system.
: This method is for bleeding air from a heating system that has free standing (tube type) radiators.
: A loop system (baseboard elements) is done differently.
: If that's the case, the system holds roughly 12 lbs. of pressure per floor above the boiler.
: For example; 2 floors above the boiler = 12 lbs.

: The way I bleed a HW system is as follows;
: Make sure all the bleeder valves are closed.
: Start to fill the boiler, there should be an automatic water fill valve.
: Start bleeding on the boiler level (if there are any rads.) Then work your way up. Make sure the boiler power switch is off and the circulator(s) are not running.
: If the automatic water feed valve is set properly and working correctly, it should stop filling when the system is full of water and all the air is removed.
: If in doubt, call a licensed plumber.
: Good Luck. *westchester plumber*

follow up from "How to refill boiler"

the boiler that i have is forced heat and does not have a circulator. I also have stand up radiators and not baseboard radiators.
the heater is a 1970 bryant boiler.

I bled the air out of the lines and still my gage continues to rise to 30 pounds which causes my pressure release valve to open. Is there something that I'm doing wrong from your previous answer? I replaced the pressure release valve but it still opens from the pressure.

Replies to this post