Re: shower diverter valve malfunction
Posted by Bobby Dixon on September 15, 2003 at 18:55:56:
In response to Re: shower diverter valve malfunction
: I have a Delta (I think) tub/shower valve set which does the following:

: With the diverter valve in the "tub" position, the hot/cold mixing valve works fine & maintains a constant temperature.

: If I then (with water still running) turn the diverter valve to the "shower" position, it maintains the same temperature, briefly. The temperature then drops to the low 90s (F), & stays there UNTIL I turn the diverter valve so that a small amount of the total flow goes to the tub spout, at which point all of the hot water previously missing from the shower returns to the shower, & the small flow going to the tub continues to go there. I removed the valve stem from the diverter valve & replaced the seat and the washer. This had no effect. Any way to fix this without replacing the whole valve set? The back side of the wall containing the valve set has custom built-in storage cabinets, which would have to be virtually destroyed to clear enough work space to cut into the wall & install a new valve set. The tub/shower side of the wall is tiled & I would also hope to avoid having to redo this wall. What could make a diverter valve behave in this way?

Replies to this post
There are none.