Re: Odor from kitchen sink area
Posted by vicki on August 19, 2003 at 11:09:15:
In response to Re: Odor from kitchen sink area
: : : Greetings.

: : : We've noticed an odor coming from around the kitchen sink area. We've deorderized the drains and garbage disposer with all sorts of cleansers but the smell still persists. It seems like it may come from behind the dishwasher - it's almost like a sour, pungent smell. Any ideas? (I know it seems like a needle in a haystack!) Thanks.

: :
: : DID SOMEONE DROP DUKE WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING? DO YOU HAVE ANY RELATIVES WHO DON'T LIKE YOU?

: Hi Steve,
: Sometimes I smell an odor which seems like it is coming from the area near the kitchen sink. The first time it happened I thought there was a problem with the water main which is in the kitchen behind the corner cabinet which is right next to the sink ,disposal and dishwasher. What I discovered was the the frig actually contained some spoiled food which sat to long. The smell found it's way out the back of the frig where the vents are, through the cabinets, giving the sense that it was coming from the sink area. Now when I smell this smell, I know it's time to clean out the leftovers. Is this a possibility in your case? If not, there are probably only 4 screws to remove which will allow you access to under the dishwasher without removing it from it's location, which is something you probably should not do becasue of the water lines.
: Good Luck, Linda

I have a similar problem, almost smells like vitamins under my kitchen sink, very strong. have you found a solution yet?

Replies to this post
There are none.