Re: DWV Pressure Test
Posted by Deb on July 29, 2003 at 10:06:54:
In response to Re: DWV Pressure Test
: I recently installed a drainage system for a new bathroom, and need to have it inspected. The inspector said that they will need to fill the new drain pipes with water to test for leaks. However, in order to install the new drainage pipes, I had to cut the main stack and insert a "T". In order to allow us to continue to use our existing bathroon and kitchen fixtures, I had to cement the stack together so it would be functional. Is there a way to plug the stack through the clean out in order to do the pressure test, or will I have to cut the main stack again? Please advise.......Thanks......Kevin

Yes. There is a large array of different types of test caps, plugs, and balls. The cost of some of these is pretty high, however. It may be easier and cheaper to cut the stack.
The Pipewench

Replies to this post
There are none.