Re: Air in Line/Pressure Tank?
Posted by Hube on July 25, 2003 at 09:32:39:
In response to Re: Air in Line/Pressure Tank?
: Hi, all!

: I had to replace the pump that pulls water into the house from the spring. After doing so, it seemed that, whenever the water was first turned on (hot or cold line), the water from the faucet would "spurt" for a while and then resume a smooth flow. I have observed the pressure tank "banging" during this time. Upon further observation, it seems that this occurs when the pressure in the system drops to the point where the pump kicks back on to refill the tank.

: This is the same tank that was on the system. I reconnected it to the system while replacing the pump. I think it was reconnected correctly, but wonder if I didn't do something right and there is a problem either with the pressure settings (it empties too far before starting the pump), with the initial refill of the system (i.e., when I started the new pump for the first time) or with the tank itself.

: Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.

: Thanks in advance,

: Cliff
Cliff; If this tank has a "bladder", drain it completely of water and pump air into it so the pressure is approx 2 psi lower than the CUT-IN pressure. Example= cut-in is 30... air in tank is 28....Hope this helps..Hube

Replies to this post
There are none.