Re: Pressure switch problem
Posted by Ozzie on July 22, 2003 at 04:01:00:
In response to Re: Pressure switch problem
Gentlemen, It seems to work... Just did the test
and the pump didn't shut down. 1 complete turn to the long screw clockwise, 1/4 of a turn counterclockwise for the small screw as it was cutting off above 60PSI to bring it down to 58.... Thanks for the tip. Will keep on monitoring it...

: : Hi, I recently replaced my air tank (leak) and have now a bigger tank with 20gallon volume (about 4.5g of water capacity).
: : My problem is the following:
: : 1- When I open the water in house to the max flow it seems like the switch will turn off the pump and it will run out of pressure (water). I have no other problem with it in normal usage except at high flow...
: : My tank has a 38psi pressure, cut on pressure seeme to be 39-40psi and cutoff pressure 55psi. My well pump is a 1/2 HP at 185 feet deep.
: : Can you help me? Thanks

: It sounds as if your tank is empting before the pump comes on. That happens when the tank air pressure and the cut-in pressure switch is too close. Tighten the nut on the tall screw in the pressure switch (caution, it's live with 240vac) about one full turn. That will increase both the cut-in and cut-out settings a pound or two. It's best to do this rather than drain air offthe tank. To protect the tank's 'bladder' the air pressure has to be 1-2 psi less than the cut-in pressure switch setting with no water in the tank.

: Gary
: Quality Water Associates

Replies to this post
There are none.