Re: Bathtub facet fix
Posted by hj on July 17, 2003 at 17:12:17:
In response to Re: Bathtub facet fix
You need a socket the exact diameter of the inside of the tube. Slip it in and then use a much smaller wrench, or visegrip pliers to pinch the tube against the socket and it will unscrew very easily.

: We had a houseguest recently who broke our bathtub facet. It one of the 3 knob kind with the hot, cold, and shower diverters. The hot water stem broke internally, so I decided to replace the stem back to the point that it screws into the supply in the wall.

: Here's the problem - I cannot get the tube that the stem fits into to come loose! I'm a pretty strong guy, and I bought the long wrench tube that fits over the tube. I cannot get that thing to budge! Any suggestions?

Replies to this post
There are none.