Re: rusty water from the well
Posted by William on July 17, 2003 at 15:17:22:
In response to Re: rusty water from the well
The problem is that the BOSS is not big enough to remove the iron. What you need is larger unit and a professional like myself to test your water and size it according to your water. I recommend that you don't just get a quote from one source to save you money. Usually a water test is done at no charge. Take Care! Send me an email if you want more help.

: The rust is from iron oxide which comes from older not daily used metal pipes that corrode from the inside out. Ask a plumber to dicconnect the pipes at the area where they are most accessible near the water softener and examine their innards. If they're rusty, ask for an estimate to trace back to where they are rust free, and replace them with new.

: : I am having a terrible time with rust in the water. I can't even wash clothes as it will discolor them. The water also has a foul smell(sulfer I assume). I have a Boss water softner and have regenerated that several times to clean the resin tank I also use salt with rust remover. Do I need a unit that will remove the rust or is there something I can do to treat the well. This place is not my primary home so I do not use the water on a regular basis, does that make the problem worse. Also last year this water sorce was in the flood area of the mississippi river. Things seem to be worse since then. The water was tested after the flood and was deemed safe after treating the well with bleach. I use bottled water for consumption. What can I do?

Replies to this post
There are none.