Re: bathtub enclosures
Posted by Garland Green on July 13, 2003 at 19:02:51:
In response to Re: bathtub enclosures
: Hi Donna,

: We just had the 'Bathfitters' thing done in our house. We love it. Looks great, easy to clean, very professional looking. In our case we had a plastic tub surround over an on 'formica' lined shower, over lath & plaster walls. Well, what a mess. Bathfitters gave us the upgrade without having to rebuild the whole thing and we didn't have to tear the house up trying to get the old tub (or pieces of it) out thru the whole house. The main plus we like is that the surround has no seams from the tub to the cieling.

: The only thing I dont like is the location of the optional towel bar. On our old surround it was low (maybe 12 -18" above the tub) they talked my wife into letting them put it up higher so nobody tried to use it for a hand rail. Well, it just so happens they got it lined up right with my shoulder and I'm a big guy. We are hesitant to try to remove it because we dont know if it may damage the surface of the surround. Don't buy their towel bar, just get a suction mount one if you need it IN the shower.

: If you have any other questions just ask.

: Dan

Replies to this post
There are none.