Re: removing faucet handles
Posted by hj on July 06, 2003 at 21:20:26:
In response to Re: removing faucet handles
The safest way is to use a handle puller. You may have to get a "wide" one to grab that piece. There is a way to remove them with a large pair of Channelock pliers but you might break the end of the stem off if you try it.

: I am attempting to remove my tub/shower handles - I have managed to remove the actual handle but am only able to remove 1 of the chrome 'things' which fit under the original handles (I'm afraid I don't know what they are called). The first one came off with the handle but the other appear to be stuck.
: I do not know the manufacturer's name.
: Also, I wish to replace my sink handles but the fitting underneath is square and all the handles I have seen in Lowes are round.
: I would be grateful if you could please advise me.

: Thanks

Replies to this post
There are none.