Re: Replacing tub with shower
Posted by Gary Swart on June 27, 2003 at 11:55:05:
In response to Re: Replacing tub with shower
It is call breaking concrete. No other choice. You can have it done or do it yourself. If you do it yourself, either rent or buy a electric rotary hammer. I use one for Grizzly that is a 3 function tool (hammer, hammer-drill, and drill)Very handy tool for $100. Once the floor is open and the drain exposed, then it's a matter of plumbing and filling up the hole. You would need to break around the old pipe too so you can smooth off the floor, but the pipe doesn't have to be totally removed, just cut off below floor level. It's a dusty job, but do-able.

Replies to this post
There are none.