Re: PLEASE HELP.... BIG problem with my basement toilet.....
Posted by Deb on June 26, 2003 at 10:54:35:
In response to Re: PLEASE HELP.... BIG problem with my basement toilet.....
: I just moved into an old house (well from the 1940's) the previous owner had neglected the
: house badly.
: Anyway I have this toilet in the basement, just the toilet in a tiny sheet rocket room that
: I think was put in in the 1960s or 70s.
: As soon as I moved into the house I started noticing problems with that basement toilet. It backed up
: even though no one living here now has ever used it.

: I also had the house drain cleaned out by a pro. But about a month later the basemnt toilet flooded again.
: I've lived in two previous homes & have never encoutered this problem (overflowing toilets). Though neither home had a toilet in the
: basement.

:
: I remmeber reading long time ago that a basement toilet needs to be set up at the same level or a higher level
: than that of the house septic system so it won't back up, which is why installing toilets in a
: basement is difficult.
: Is it possible that this is the problem? That it was installed wrong? How do I comfirm it?
: How do I fix it? This is a big problem, it now backs
: up constsantly & I am trying to fix up the basement on my own but
: can't do anything with that problem going on. Not to mention the gross mess that I have to clean up. :-(

: I would like to at some point install a bathroom in that basement but this situation makes me thing it might
: not be possible , or at least that the risk is too great for the toilet to overflow & ruin the finished basement.

: Please help!!

: thanks.

: d

I think that you should get the line video'd and then you would know for sure. It could be a minor thing---
I put toilets in basements all the time.
Deb
The Pipewench

Replies to this post
There are none.